3.17.2004

thought it was a cat....

Saw the goriest roadkill on the way to work this morning. Gawd, things sure have a habit of dying on that stretch of road between gilmore stn. & work. Was walking along, listening to my music as per usual, and something on the road caught my eye...I looked over & it was a bloody massacre! Big hunk of meat on the road...entrails clearly visible...chunks of meat spread everywhere. My first thought was that it was some unfortunate cat...but then I noticed bits of white fluff...it was a damn bird. Ugh. My least favorite thing in the world--a rather large sized bird litterally blown to bits. Why must these things always litter the path to work? Needless to say, I immediately stopped looking at the disgusting display & picked up a brisk pace. Had to worry everytime a car drove by, as more often than not, the accompanying gust of air picked up some of the feathers & blew them in my general direction. Not a good way to start the day. Later, while getting some breakfast, I asked Kim about it (I mean who wouldn't think of such a thing when getting food?)...she tells me it was a mallard. Poor little ducky.

No comments: