3.09.2004

weekend in the u.s. of a.

Had an awesome weekend in the good ol' u.s. of a....attributed entirely to the company I was keeping....Saku is such a sweet slut of a cat.

Made perfect sense that upon arrival at the greyhound bus depot in Seattle I found that the boy wasn't there waiting for me...wasn't even close to there. Things like that seem to be our fortune...but it always makes for fun times if not somewhat amusing stories. I happened to be at one bus station in one (slightly seedier) part of town, while Christian waited at another station part way across town. Gave me a chance to explore 2 blocks of Seattle all on my own and meet a strange, shifty sort of fellow who was looking for "those rolly papers". He asked, "You don't smoke?". I smiled & replied, "No."...he laughed...a lot. Then he asked, "Don't smoke pot either?". Once again, I answered, "No." This garnered even more crazy laughter. Soon after, Christian and I were finally at the same place. Seeing the boy and receiving wonderful flowers made everything all good.

Plenty of good food and lotsa fun movies made for good times. Had breakie at Hattie's Hat...tried pho for the very first time...had some yummy curry cooked up for me by the boy...(if he hadn't told me a million times previous that he couldn't cook, that meal would've had me fooled into thinking he was a good cook)...made some eggs benny for breakie--which turned out ok despite not having the kitchen stuff to which i'm accustomed...chowed down on an utterly unhealthy & delicious piece of pepperoni pizza in the u-district. Movies--there were 5...Starsky & Hutch, Office Space, Say Anything, A Fish Called Wanda & State & Main.

Had a chance to visit the much talked about Archie McPhee's...and it is definitely a wonderful store...so much useless junk...and yet so very appealing. Had Kim drooling over the catalogue today...just may need to pick some stuff up next time i'm there.

Just before my trip back to the bus station of unhappiness, Christian and I laughed and laughed at ways that our parents may or may not kill the other...sigh. My family apparently hates 'whitey' and his family's not likely to be keen on a mail-order bride...from asia no less. It's a damn good thing that he will likely meet my mom (& her meat cleaver & his doom) first, as I really don't relish meeting his parents & the woodchipper. I will miss him terribly.

No comments: