the weekend (in review)
I spent most of the long weekend lounging around in my pj's, watching waaay too much tv + some DVD's. Switching between the tv & DVD's confused me poor little brain, I repeatedly found myself trying to pause the tv.
The DVD's:
I finally finished off Futurama Vol 1....so very good. Ronin was lots of fun....the car chase scene is especially impressive. I think I will try to find the original at the library (yes I realize it does not involve car chase scenes). Insomnia...I finally re-watched this movie. It's good but nothing to get overly excited about. Since I'm on a horror-flick kick, I picked up Ringu & the Ring at the video store. I really wish I had seen them before I watched 'A Tale of Two Sisters', I'm pretty sure they would have been much freakier. As it is, they really didn't faze me that much--I do admit the well scene is rather creepy---especially in the original version. I can see where 'A Tale of Two Sisters' may have taken some ideas, but as far as I'm concerned they took them & improved upon them--creating something utterly terrifying (to me). I also watched bits of 2 Fast 2 Furious...my brother's choice. I saw maybe 15 minutes of the entire movie and I really don't feel like I missed anything. Lame.
When I wasn't trying to kill useless braincells off with the idiot box, I did the following:
Knitting. This can be done while trying to kill useless braincells.
Spent 2 bloody hours at Home Depot trying to help my cousin pick out paint chips as the little demon dog attracted children from miles around like some psychotic little pied piper.
Made an attempt to re-Japanese myself. Yes, these are the things I do when I'm bored. After watching Ringu, for whatever strange reason, I thought a lot about Japan and how I compare to these Japanese women. I am 100% Japanese and yet feel absolutely no connection to them. I know it has everything to do with been born in Canada & having grown up here, but it still puzzles/bothers me. I wonder what, if anything have I retained of my Japanese culture? I have once again (for the millionth time) decided that I should be taking some sort of Japanese language classes. Anyways, the whole "re-Japanese" thing was a strange & perhaps stupid experiment based purely on physical attributes. I decided to forget about western beauty ideals and how best to achieve them and focused on bringing out my asian attributes....I didn't try to 'westernize' my eyes with too much eyeshadow or anything but rather focused on trying to make my skin look healthy. Basically I learned almost nothing from this and it leaves me rather confused.
Made turkey dinner. Mashed potatoes, carrots, stuffing, gravy, the works. Only it wasn't a full bird, or even half of one...we had turkey breasts...or as Kim would say, "turkey boobies". All in all it turned out pretty good.
Started a freakish list. A list of places I want to go, things I would like to see, things I want to buy, things to look up online. Eventually, I would like to post a list of places/things I want to see in my lifetime. I know it will only ever be of interest to me, but seeing as this blog will eventually be all that is me, it should be included. I know that this whole list started out of my insane desire to be elsewhere. Everyone I know these days is in some state of antsy-ness/boredom and I'm no different. I don't like not knowing how I will get to where I want to be, I don't like not knowing where I want to be and I definitely don't like thinking that I will never get to see/do so many of the things that I think I want to do. Sound crazy? I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment