Kim's birsday
Yay! Happy B-day to Kim!
It's really wet out there & holy crap beware the monster puddles in which I will surely drown! Today started off on a good note...I met up with Kim at the skytrain station & we proceeded to make the treacherous & wet walk to the office. I had lots of gifty things for Kim & it all seemed to go over pretty well.
Item 1: Bonsai Kitten. I got it in my head some months ago (after Kim & Paul showed me bonsaikitten.com) that I should give Kim a bonsai kitten for her birthday. I purchased a small glass candle container (?) at Lewiscraft & found the cutest little feline friend at the card shop. One goes inside the other & voila, you have your bonsai kitten. I also added a little note inside with bonsaikitten.com's slogan "Dedicated to preserving the long lost art of body modification in housepets". This brought many giggles & Kim just loves her new fuzzy little friend. Hopefully she will no longer feel the need to call me her fuzzy buddy.
Item 2: Metal bookmark. Kitty goes in the book, little fishy dangles outside to mark your place.
Item 3: Blue thong. Caption reads, "Embrace your culture. All you need now is a pair of white (or slightly see-thru) pants. Referring of course to Kim's "Surrey culture". Kim & I were shopping at some crap mall in Surrey & made jokes about all them Surrey girls with their white pants & blue thongs....sometime soon after I came up with the idea to play a little prank on Kim for her b-day. So very appropriate.
Item 4: Gift Certificate to Blue Ruby. Seeing as she hasn't yet spent last year's, I decided to give her some more--$20 doesn't really make a big dent in any of the prices there....$45 might make a difference.
We all (Peggy, Paul, Kim and I) went to Milestones to celebrate Kim's b-day. My salad was rather disappointing, but Kim's b-day dessert (oh sweet chocolatey death) was delish.
Upon returning to the office, we found that the power had gone out...I had hoped that we would be sent home seeing as we couldn't really do work or anything....but nooooo. A certain person decided that we should wait another hour & then see about going home. Peggy, Kim & I went to Superstore & by the time we got back the power had returned....freaking fragging....we had to stay & not work a whole hour after that as we still didn't have any network connections.
No comments:
Post a Comment