10.26.2003

Fuck shit up.

What a terrible waste of a weekend....and I only have myself to blame. The whole "sleep 2 hours, drink lots of caffeine, drink lots of crown & coke" thing didn't go over so well. Friday's Halloween thing was a terrible bore (to me) I just wasn't in the right mood. By the time Kim and I arrived--9ish, most people were already piss-drunk and I couldn't get drunk fast enough. This sounds terrible, and I'm not usually like this, but I knew within the 1st half-hour that I just wasn't going to have any fun. There was another girl dressed as "little red riding hood", but she was prewolf, whereas I had all the blood (not as much as I hoped though). Lame. Kim & I spent most of the time sitting at the table downing our crown & cokes (one of the few available drinks) watching people make asses out of themselves....yeah like a couple of bitches.

On costumes: So much unoriginality. There were too many chicks dressed as Catholic school girls...or rather, slutty Catholic school girls...short plaid skirts, white blouses (some of them were tied up a la Britney Spears, high heels/fuck-me boots)...at least 10. How original. I was however impressed by the guy dressed as Beetlejuice...he had the hair perfect, good makeup, plus a little umbrella on his head with the dangly things...very cool. The contest winner was some girl dressed as "Satine" from Moulin Rouge....also very good.

On Ben: So drunk I'm sure he was practically drooling on himself...made a couple unsuccessful attempts to pick Kim & I up....way too funny.

On x's: Unlucky for me, there was a guy there who kept tripping me out--in the dark lighting of hall, he looked a hell of a lot like Doug...oh god that was creepy.

On Jim: The couple times I spoke to Jim, he was way to drunk to make any sense. By the end of the night (there was supposed to be an after-party at his place) he had the whole "Fuck the rest of you" attitude (happens quite often with Jim). I think he & Satil (?) had something going on.

This post will surely make me sound like a crank who doesn't know how to party, but for some reason I just couldn't help it. I stayed in a funk all of Saturday, just really, really down. Spoke to Meeko who managed to cheer me up some, but still couldn't convince myself to go out & try to redeem this weekend. Meeko said it probably had everything to do with getting so little sleep, drinking too much caffeine (making myself dehydrated) and then drinking. I hate to say it, but I think I had a better time last weekend.

After about 14 hours of sleep, I feel much better today. No sadness, maybe some regret, but other than that it's all good. I will go see the model monster collectible show today. Yay.

No comments: