Dream Journal Entry #2
Sat. Sept. 20 - My sister's friend Margarita (whom I've never met) drives up our driveway in a beat-up Honda...my mother and I go out to greet her. Between puffs of smoke she introduces the man sitting next to her--I can't for the life of me recall his name, but she informs us that this is the father of her child (I have also forgotten the child's name). It should be noted that this Margarita girl is only 19 or so and definitely does not have any children (but from what I hear she is kinda skanky). The man is of First Nations descent and extremely handsome...I can't remember his name either. Shortly after the introductions, Margarita & handsome boy leave & the dream begins a new and stranger story....
This second part of the dream (if they are in fact the same dream??) has me searching for the inspiration behind Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly"...what the ???
I run around trying to find something that inspires great sadness....what do I find?--a seal! The seal and I bond and become close friends--we have such a deep connection even though we cannot speak to one and other. Apparently (I'm not sure if it just appeared out of nowhere as things often do in dreams or if I had it the whole time) I had on my person a bloody shroud which is supposed to match the inspiration to the song...I place the shroud over top of the seal and it somehow matches...the blood stains match the seals eyes and mouth. The song (Killing Me Softly) begins to play and I begin to cry--or bawl rather. The matching of the shroud means that great harm has or will come to my poor little seal friend. Roberta Flack wins some sort of an award and is startled (? - I can't exactly recall what her reaction was but I think it was a look of surprise) that we have discovered the inspiration to her song. I wake up crying. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment