9.15.2003

The brainmeats are a-hurtin'

I don't wanna work, I just wanna bang on my drum all day....

My brainmeats are hurting today....I've been at work for two hours & only a pathetically small portion of work has actually been accomplished. My head's all cloudy & I can't concentrate...I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I have decided to switch from coffee to tea in the mornings...hmmm...quite possibly the answer....coffee must have that extra bit of zing which transforms me from the walking dead into a semi-functioning, mostly-conscious being. Had I not (in my hazy state) forgotten my wallet & change purse at home...I would definitely be enjoying a nice strong coffee right about now. (I don't drink the sludge they call coffee here at work.)

I had great hopes this morning....glorious golden dreams....piles of work evaporating from my desk as I productively hammer away at the keyboard....all down the crapper...reality: a sad, non-responsive pile of brain-dead muck amidst piles of files, papers & other office junk quietly mourning the loss of her precious brainmeats.

No comments: