Dead-bird-a-phobia
I took a round-about route to work this morning...since sometime last week there has been a dead pigeon laying just off the edge of the sidewalk. I'm pretty sure this will seem strange to most, but my one true phobia is my fear of dead birds. The live ones don't bother me so much--althouth I still swear that they are the bane of my existence and probably (if you knew my history with pet birds) vice-versa. I have always had this fear--as a little girl I used to freak out when walking through the area just outside of Eaton's downtown...there were so many damn pigeon feathers that I thought there had been some sort of bird massacre. Feathers=torn up bird. Kim has been very helpful in making sure that I don't see the dead pigeon on the walk back from work...but yesterday she told me to be sure not to look at it on my way to work this morning. She told me it was gone. So I asked (in a rather timid and scared voice) where it went. Kim said, "Let's put it this way....most of it is gone." I knew for sure that I did not want to chance seeing that, hence the round-about route to work. This proves that I am not the only one out there with this strange phobia....yay for not having to be a lone freak!
No comments:
Post a Comment