more instant=more bad, more death
Ugh. I have got to stop buying instant crap-food....it always seems like a good idea at the store...but could have very consequential results for my body.
Kim and I were at T&T the other day and we came upon the instant noodle aisle...we were so hungry & everything looked so tasty. I managed to pick up a package of "instant Japanese-style Yakisoba" and some instant rice (which I now refer to as instant death rice)
Usually when I have instant yakisoba, I get Sapporo Ichiban--you still have to cook the noodles on the stove....this one at T&T was supa-instant...just add boiling water. I decided to try it the other morning...it was all good until I actually took a taste of the stuff....yucky-soba...not yakisoba. Tasted like Chinese death noodles....did not in the least bit taste like anything remotely Japanese....the flavor reminded me of a horrible night a good number of years ago in which I vowed never to eat Chinese food again on account of the MSG content...so much pain, so much hurling. The vivid memory inspired me to check the package ingredients....gaar...MSG! mine old arch enemy...needless to say I had to throw the Chinese death noodles away.
As for the instant death rice: I decided to try it out yesterday...once again "just add boiling water"....I never even got that far. Upon opening the package I already found it a million times less appealing than it had been at T&T--and once I opened the flavor packet/unidentifyable morsels of foul-smelling crap, I knew that it just wasn't edible & I for one, am not willing to die for the sake of a convenient lunch.
No more instant death for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment