Kim-Jim's sucky-ass Party (aka this week's real piss off)
Saturday's Kim-Jim party was special...definitely a night to remember. I would rank it as the no. 1 on a list of failed parties. Who would have guessed that both honorees would be M.I.A. at their own freaking birthday party...dookie.
How did it all go wrong? I blame Jim (or as Paul so rightly put it, "the birthday bitch") for the evening's general shittyness, but still managed to come away from it feeling guilty and a tad worried about what I may have to deal with when I see Kim on Monday.
The Epic begins....
Kim was definitely going to be in attendance and she had left me a message to say that people would likely be showing up at the Foggy Dew sometime around 7:30. Due to a rather foolish decision to go downtown, I was nowhere near ready when 7:30 came around. After some mad dashing, I gave Paul a call sometime around 8 to check on "the plan"...he informed me that they still had not left Jim's but would likely be at the pub around 8:30. I then checked my home voice mail as it seems Kim had tried calling while my sister was yakking on the phone--the message was basically to say that she (& perhaps a few others) were heading down & would be waiting there for me. Instead of calling her (my bad) I headed out & arrived there around 8:35. I took a walk around the bar & didn't see anyone so at this point I decided to call Kim to see where they were at.
Crushing blow #1 (as accurately as I can remember):
"Hey Kim. It's me."
"Oh hi."
"Are you guys here? Where are you?"
"No we're just leaving." xx "Oh, so you're not here yet?"
"No, we're on our way home."
"Wha-?"
"We were there for an hour and nobody showed up...I got cheezed off and we're heading home."
"oh."
"Paul & them should be there soon...when I talked to them they were just leaving or something."
"ok. Uh, did you tell them that you were leaving?"
"No. Maybe you can call him & tell him that we've left and see where they are."
"ok."
"I'm not very fun to party with when I'm angry anyways."
"Sorry."
"See you on Monday. Have fun."
"Bye."
The evening deteriorates.....slowly & painfully:
Paul showed up mere seconds after I got off the phone with Kim. Gave him the good news & we set off to find a table. After sitting in utter disappointment for at least 15 mins. other people began showing up...still no sign of the birthday bitch. Half of us sat, half of us stood in complete misery. The birthday bitch did eventually show up but only to disappear again...not even bothering to acknowledge the folks who came out to celebrate his birthday. Everything felt so wrong & it just wasn't a happy place to be...after a couple hours of this, people gave up and began to leave. 5 drinks into the evening (without any of the happy effects of alcohol), Paul and I were the last the leave....ready to throw in the towel.
Aha! there be the birthday bitch:
Paul and I were heading off in defeat when Paul decided to check the Executive Plaza's (?whatever) lounge/bar....lo & behold, there sat the birthday bitch among his mini harem of skanky Surrey girls, his sister Carrie & his cousin Joe. Paul & I got talked into staying for a drink or two and things got a little cheerier...Joe's a riot. I watched the birthday bitch and his skanky cohorts across the table & then understood the reason for which he snubbed all his good friends. Apparently birthday boy foolishly thought he was gonna get the ultimate birthday present--some 3-way action...poor dumb hopeful Jim.
aargh....
The lounge was...interesting. As I mentioned, Jim was busy with his Surrey girls as they touched, licked & kissed each other--no, not Jim, just the girls. Carrie focused false affections on Paul...amusing me & driving Paul to near insanity. Joe spent a good deal of time trying to convince me to wear something real slutty for Halloween (or wear nothing at all). Joe's fun (and probably to the dismay of many--I think he's kind of hot) but I get the feeling he would hit on anything with breasts. Once the Surrey girls left, I became prime target (being the only girl not related to 2/3 of the remaining party....my breasts became the topic of conversation more than a couple of times. Jim even chuckled as he told me that he had a clear view down my top & had pointed this out to the Surrey girls--I had wondered why they had all 3 given me a strange look not too long after I sat down.
Aaargh........
At one point Carrie & I both got up to use the ladies' room. Once inside, Carrie felt she had to explain to me that she was just playing with Paul & was "pratically married" to her sweetie in Smithers. She asked, "Are you trying to get Paul? Sorry." Aaargh. "No. It's funny what you're doing." I realize that I could have lied to save Paul from Carrie's pawing, but it was just too much fun to watch him squirm. Looking back, for image's sake it probably wasn't such a good idea to poke/pinch his sides (revenge!!!). But I pinched everyone's sides...even Joe's & Jim's. Then there was the biting....
Shut up lest I smack you....
After a couple drinks we decided to ditch the hotel bar & head downtown for something else to do. Once downtown, we weren't able to find a place that was to everyone's liking. I was sorely disappointed. I had really hoped that we would find somewhere else to party as the 1st two places were so shitty...I managed to spend $40 & had almost nothing to show for it. On top of this, the birthday boy made sure to mention at every possible occasion just how bad an idea it had been to come downtown. Were he not a rather large & grumpy man, I would have smacked him. After listening to much more whining, the wet wandering ceased & we all caught the nightbus back to Bby/New West. Paul was kind enough to let me use his guest room again & we tried to make amends for the night by watching some cool Japanese anime. Unfortunately I fell asleep through the last 20 minutes or so.
The night ended & I found myself $40 poorer, really soaking wet & cold, burned (by Joe's cigar), sober, not to mention the whole disappointment thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment